- Get the Sunday Newspaper, it's full of coupons.
- Planning your meals! Breakfast, Lunch, Dinners, Snacks, for each family member.
- Buy in bulk!!!
- plan your shopping list in advance.
- Repurpose old furniture
- design on a dime or make things yourself.
- buy clearance items
- buy generic brand food if you shop at a local grocery store. i say it that way b/c we shop at an air force base, commissary.
- put a little money away a week, such as $5, $10, whatever you can spare.
- start a savings at a young age for children.
- do all your seasonal shopping for the next season as one season ends and things get clearanced out.
- look for internet coupons.
- make a monthly budget.
- ALWAYS balance your pocket book.
- If you can and have time, CLOTH DIAPER your little ones.
- Pass clothing and essentials down from child to child, if you can.
- Swap babysitting services with a friend/family as needed.
- Keep a change/money jar and cash it in at the end of the year.
- cut back on a bad habit: ie: smoking, drinking, chewing tobacco, coffee drinking, energy drinks, chewing gum. put that money you would have spent into your money jar.
- make your own baby food.
- if you are able to, BREASTFEED your children.
- Eat in instead of eating out all the time.
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
How are you saving your family, money?
Here are some solutions I can come up with, quick...