Saturday, April 28, 2012

DIY Laundry Detergent

Those that have asked how I liked it!! I LOVE IT! Seriously, I have done like 6-7 loads so far and so far so good. Plus it smells pretty scrumptious as well :P Refer to yesterdays post for the recipe, if interested. It was easy peasy to make and lasts a long time. I am gonna take some of my leftover materials and make some Dish Detergent.


Another no-brainer recipe:
Equal parts Borax and Washing Soda. BOOM! Done! I am gonna 2 cups and 2 cups. 1-2 Tbsp. per load of dishes. Add 2-3 drops of soap for scent and to reduce spotting.


As a rinse agent, use VINEGAR! Yes vinegar. :P Instead of the $5-$6 rinse agents that last like 2 seconds and are an arm and a leg in cost. 


Vinegar also acts an awesome fabric softener from what I have heard. I am not a fabric softener person, myself, but I am sure some are.


Recipe adapted from: The Burlap Bag


^^Yes, this has now become my fave. website/blogging site.

1 comment:

  1. I would be careful with the dish detergent. I've tried it and it left a residue on my dishes. I had to rewash everything by hand to get the crap off of it.

    ReplyDelete